45-Hour Real Estate Broker Course
The next Real Estate Broker class will start on October 9, 2017.
The price for the course is $300.00 (free text book + free cram for exam + special private lesson)
How To Get a New York Real Estate Broker License?
Candidates for a New York State Real Estate Brokers license must successfully complete the DOS approved qualifying salespersons course and broker's course. The salespersons course must be successfully completed prior to the broker course in the New York State. Both courses combined will give you the required 120 Hours of education. Applicants who have completed the 45 Hour salesperson course before July 1, 2008 must complete an additional 30 Hour remedial course together with the 45 Hour broker course.
In order to qualify for licensure as a real estate broker, an applicant must have at least two years of experience as a licensed real estate salesperson or at least three years of experience in the general real estate field (e.g., buying and selling your own property, managing property owned by your employer, etc,), have satisfactorily completed both the qualifying salesperson course of 75 hours and an additional 45 hour real estate broker course as approved by the Secretary of State, and have passed the qualifying examination.
NY State Requirements
To sell, lease, or rent real property in the New York State for a flat fee or commission, a New York Real Estate license, to act as a Real Estate Salesperson or a Real Estate Broker, is required. A Salesperson has to be associated and supervised by a NY licensed Broker. Real Estate brokers supervise and are responsible for the activities of associate brokers and the salespersons they employ.
Requirements for Broker licensure are:
- Minimum age of 20 years old
- Demonstrate fair knowledge of the English language
- First complete a New York DOS approved 75-hr Salesperson qualifying course
- Then complete a New York DOS approved 45-hr Broker qualifying course and pass the exam
- Applicant has to have worked at least two years, as a licensed real estate salesperson, or has had equivalent experience in general real estate business for a period of at least three years
- Pass the New York DOS broker licensing exam (You are now required to make an online reservation in order to take the state exam)
- Have earned 3500 experience points as a salesperson or 5250 points through equivalent experience
- Be in one of four citizenship categories:
- US citizen
- Permanent resident
- Have a work authorization card obtained from the Immigration and Naturalization Service
- Have a work permit that obtained from your sponsoring employer
For more information on points requirements and how to get a NY State application please visit the Department of State website.
How does a course work?
- Chapter 1: THE BROKER’S OFFICE: OPERATION, MANAGEMENT & SUPERVISION
- Chapter 2: REAL ESTATE AGENCY DISCLOSURE
- Chapter 3: REAL ESTATE PROPERTY MANAGEMENT
- Chapter 4: CONSTRUCTION & DEVELOPMENT
- Chapter 5: CONVEYANCE OF REAL PROPERTY & TITLE CLOSING & COSTS
- Chapter 6: REAL ESTATE FINANCE
- Chapter 7: TAXES & ASSESSMENTS / LOCAL CONCERNS
- Chapter 8: REAL ESTATE INVESTMENTS & REAL ESTATE MATH
- Chapter 9: GENERAL BUSINESS LAW
Completing the Course
You can complete the course in 2 weeks by taking classes four days a week during the daytime from 12 until 6-30 PM.
Small groups + best instructors = perfect result.